The Pioneer Valley History Network (PVHN) proudly announces “History Camp Pioneer Valley” to be held this year on Saturday, July 29, 2017 at the Kittredge Center at Holyoke Community College. This will be a gathering of history enthusiasts of all ages, for a day of learning and sharing.
History Camp is the un-conference dedicated to all things history. Everyone is welcome to attend, but registration is required, and anyone can present, assuming we have a time slot open. More information on History Camp, including photos, quotes, and the profile of attendees from earlier History Camps, is here.
The goal of History Camp Pioneer Valley is to break even – there are no paid staff, no paid speakers, and no one will profit. We will charge the lowest possible fee to cover the costs of the venue and lunch, but to allow the greatest number of people to attend.
There will also be plenty of opportunities for networking and an exhibit area for selling books and other history-related products.
Look for the opening of registration for History Camp Pioneer Valley to begin around Patriot’s Day — this year April 17.
Note: If you plan to present at the event, you must both register to attend and request a time-slot to present. Thank you.
- See the latest list of last year’s sessions.
- Register using the form below. We are not accepting Registrations, yet, for History Camp PV 2017, but watch this space!
- Still have questions? Never been to History Camp? This is History Camp
- Not ready to register, but want updates? Sign up for the mailing list, by contacting: Cliff@HistoryCamp.org
- Interested in presenting? We are not accepting Presentations, yet, for History Camp PV 2017, but watch this space!
- First, check out last year’s Schedule of Sessions. Identify an open Time Slot (the green boxes) that you’d like.
- Then, Use This Form to submit your session or idea. The format can range from a traditional presentation to a panel or round table session. We will send you a confirmation upon receipt of your request.
- If you’d like to see History Camp Pioneer Valley be a success, you can help by making a donation to help defray our costs. To donate, go to the Pioneer Valley History Network webpage and use the DONATE icon.
Exhibit Your Wares
- History Camp Pioneer Valley will have exhibitor tables set up during the Networking & Lunch period for people to exhibit, demonstrate, autograph, or otherwise “show-off” books, software, or other history-related products. There will be a nominal fee for an exhibit table. If you are interested in having a table at the event, please contact Cliff@HistoryCamp.org.
- Would you like to volunteer? Or would your organization or company like to be involved? Contact us!