Updated February 18:
Jennifer Clifford has volunteered to take over management of our History Camp Boston monthly behind-the-scenes outings. She has been instrumental in finalizing the calendar for the year and has volunteered to take over all aspects of our monthly outings. This is time-consuming since it involves identifying and securing the sites, posting to Eventbrite and to the History Camp Boston site, managing the event, and handling payment. Please send her your thanks as well as your suggestions for future outings.
To be notified of upcoming events: We send out updates and reminders throughout the year. Because these behind-the-scenes tours often fill up before they are publicized widely, we recommend you sign up to receive History Camp Boston Monthly Outings updates.
- January 26: Peabody Essex Museum behind the scenes and a curator’s tour of “Empresses of China’s Forbidden City”
- February 23: Private Tour of the Cyrus E. Dallin Art Museum
- March 16: History Camp
- April 6 (rain date: April 27): Walking Tour of Boston Common with Bob Allison
- May 4: Gropius House
- June 8: Discover Washington’s Cambridge Headquarters at the Longfellow House
- July 20: Technological Marvels Tour of the Eustis Estate.
- August 10: Russell Museum at MGH and the Ether Dome
- September: Day trip to New Bedford in the works
- October: Leventhal Map Center at the Boston Public Library.
- November: Kings Chapel—Tentative
- December: Park Street Church—Tentative
Thanks to Jennifer and Christine for arranging our outings for this year and to Rose for her recommendation and introduction.
If you have suggestions for a future outing, please send Jennifer a note. We’re already looking ahead to 2020.
— Lee Wright | Founder | The History List | History Camp
— Jennifer Clifford | Manager | History Camp Boston Monthly Outings