Nearly every month we head to a historic site for a one-of-a-kind experience designed for people who love history.
Our goal is to raise awareness of little-known institutions and their collections and to gain new insights into established institutions. The outings help both the individuals and the institutions.
Notices go to the History Camp Boston mailing list and events usually fill up within a few days, sometimes even a few hours. If you’re curious about past events, scroll down and see where we’ve been.
Do you know of an organization, historic site, or individual with a private collection who would be interested in hosting our group some Saturday in 2019? We can cap the group at the size that is right for your facility, though we would like to be able to accommodate at least 15 people.
— Lee Wright | Founder | The History List | History Camp
Updated March 18, 2018
- January 27: Ayer Mansion
- February 10: Lexington Historical Society and Buckman Tavern
- March 17: Hale Farm in Beverly and Historic Beverly
- April 7: Abigail Adams Birthplace
- May 19: Dorchester Historical Society and the Dorchester Heights National Historic Site—Registration will be open soon.
- June 2: Bradford House Museum and the King Caesar House in Duxbury
- July 7 – 8: History Camp Boston Weekend
- July 28: History Camp Pioneer Valley
- August 11 (18: rain date): Granite Railway Quarry Walk
- September 15: Hingham – Will open registration within the coming few days.
- October 20: Plimoth Plantation and Pilgrim Hall.
- November 3: Nichols House Museum
- December: MFA -Finalizing the date and time