Nearly every month we head to a historic site for a one-of-a-kind experience designed for people who love history.
Our goal is to raise awareness of little-known institutions and their collections and to gain new insights into established institutions. The outings help both the individuals and the institutions.
Notices go to the History Camp Boston mailing list and events usually fill up within a few days, sometimes even a few hours. If you’re curious about past events, scroll down and see where we’ve been.
Do you know of an organization, historic site, or individual with a private collection who would be interested in hosting our group some Saturday in 2019? We can cap the group at the size that is right for your facility, though we would like to be able to accommodate at least 15 people.
— Lee Wright | Founder | The History List | History Camp
Updated November 12, 2018
- January 27: Ayer Mansion
- February 10: Lexington Historical Society and Buckman Tavern
- March 17: Hale Farm in Beverly and Historic Beverly
- April 7: Abigail Adams Birthplace
- May 19: Dorchester Historical Society
- June 2: Bradford House Museum and the King Caesar House in Duxbury
- July 7 – 8: History Camp Boston Weekend
- July 28: History Camp Pioneer Valley
- August 18: Granite Railway Quarry Walk
- September 15: A visit to historic Hingham Square
- October 20: Behind the Scenes at the Pilgrim Hall Museum and the 17th Century Archives at the Registry of Deeds Plantation
- November 3: Nichols House Museum
- December: Moved to January.
- January 26: Tour of Empresses of China’s Forbidden City with the curator, plus behind the scenes at the Peabody Essex Museum.
- March 16: History Camp Boston—Registration opens in November